Sunday, June 30, 2019

Leader Reflections- Candace Smit

Not only do I get to spend time each week with these students, I had the privilege to spend a whole week with them in the D.R! I wish I could tape the entire trip so parents & grandparents and others could see the growth of each student that I get to see. From the first day we went into the Village of Ascension and visited in the homes and being somewhat shy to the last day of seeing them cry with tears of sadness to leave them! The students were so kind and caring to the Dominican people and also to each other! Many of them could speak Spanish to some degree with the people which was nice and encouraging to them and their Spanish teachers😊For all of us to know that God will be watching over them comforts us. And that they continue to share Jesus with other neighbors in the village. I so treasured up the moments I got to see these kids sing praises to God at the top of their lungs as we headed to the village each day and back home again in an open canter. Thank you for all of your support and prayers said for our week in the D.R. 

Feeling Blessed, Candace




No comments:

Post a Comment